After graduating from Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen, Gary qualified as a Chartered Quantity Surveyor in 2004. He joined Davis Langdon’s Legal Support Group as a Project Surveyor in 2001, becoming a Senior Project Surveyor in 2005 and then an Associate in 2006. He joined MHA in January 2009.
- 2009 – to date – Partner, MHA
- 2006 – 2008 – Associate, Davis Langdon
- 2005 – 2006 – Senior Project Surveyor, Davis Langdon
- 2001 – 2005 – Project Surveyor, Davis Langdon
- 1997 – 2001 – University Course (Robert Gordon University)
- 1988 – 1997 – Fosse Construction (civil engineering contractors)
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying (Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen)
- MSc in Construction Law & Arbitration (King’s College, London)
- Graduate Diploma in Law (The College of Law)
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
Providing assistance to various parties, including Employers and Contractors in respect of delay and quantum assessment. Work has involved investigating and demonstrating the cause, extent and cost consequences of delay and disruption and varied work, including advising architects on extension of time matters.
Report and audit work – providing assistance in the preparation of financial audits and reports on tendering procedures, cost escalation to projects and final accounts for a range of client bodies, including financial institutions, power providers, commercial developers, leisure facility operators, hospitals, universities and private residences.Assessment of contractors’ claims for extensions of time and disputes arising under the Contract. Work has involved investigating and reporting to client bodies on the cause and extent of delay and disruption; negotiation and settlement of claims.
- Joint editor with Mark Hackett and Ian Robinson of the Aqua Group – Guide to Procurement, Tendering and Contract Administration published by Blackwells Publishing in September 2006.
- General advice on the procurement of construction projects and audit of “distressed” projects.
- General advice on principal contract and sub-contract agreements, including advice on amendments to standard forms of contract.
- Radiological waste reduction project, Cardiff – Amersham plc
- Decommissioning of holding tanks for radioactive effluent – Amersham plc
- Installation of scanner facilities – Hammersmith Hospital
- Refurbishment of IRSL Cyclotron Building – Hammersmith Hospital
- Multi-deck car park (500 spaces) – Amersham plc
- Hi-tech laboratory facility – Amersham plc
- Research and development laboratory complex of 67,000 sq ft (scheme design) – Amersham plc
- Upgrade and refurbishment of numerous laboratories and clean rooms – Amersham plc.
- Refurbishment of pharmaceutical dispatch warehouse – GE Healthcare
Infastructure and Engineering:
- Road improvements and hard landscaping – GE Healthcare
- Gatehouse and car parking projects (various) – GE Healthcare
- Refurbishment of administration centre – Amersham plc
- Refurbishment and fit-out of Head Office – Amersham plc
- Corporate office Head Quarters of 50,000 sq ft – GE Healthcare
- K2, St Katharine’s Estate, London of 250,000m sq ft – Taylor Woodrow Developments
Masterplanning / Mixed Use
- Qatar Petroleum Headquarters campus of 1,500,000 sq ft – Qatar Petroleum
A printable version of this CV can be downloaded here